Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap-Up ~ Favorites

This week was kind of a blur .. just trudging along trying to get done what we need to get done.

Brynne did finish her alphabet study and she was thrilled! Each week she did a tracer page, made a mini-book, did a word search for her letter-of-the-week, and read four books about the letter. She completed "Z" this week.

We finished up our Princess study and concentrated on 1 Peter 2:9 and Psalm 45:13, the fact that she is a common girl chosen by God to be His princess. We read the scriptures and she copied them. We also correlated the importance of taking our role as princess seriously, just like the new Princess Catherine has to take her role as princess seriously.

Here is my favorite princess.


Speaking of favorites, here is a picture of Dawson's favorite homeschool lunch: garden vegetable Ritz crackers, sliced mozzarella cheese and pepperonis.


With studying the Italian Renaissance, we continued to discuss the artists of that time, and read more of I, Juan de Pareja. That's a great book! Diego Valesquez was a great artist and man!

And while we are talking about great works of art, here are a couple of mine.


We took Thursday off and went into Philbrook Museum in Tulsa. You can read all about that here and see some beautiful photos.

Dawson also made a planets book. He drew and colored a picture of each planet and included five facts about each. We bound it together for Brynne to use next year on our planned solar system study.

Are ya'll tired? I am. I am ecstatic that we only have one more week left of school. We have some fun things planned, and I'll post about that later this weekend.

Lots of homeschools have closed shop for the summer. I see that many will continue on with some sort of schooling throughout. My older two will not have any school, but I will still reinforce reading with my younger two.

Go to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to check up on other families.

Comments

  1. I am! I'm ready for a break! We've been wrapping up school for a couple of weeks! We'll continue through the summer with a few things - 1 for each child - but otherwise it's time to enjoy the nice weather...if only our weather was nice! ;)

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and full week you have had. It was a pleasure to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am ready for a break also!! we mostly do little things here and there to keep the gears from freezing over and keep us out of the heat when necessary. have a great last week!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...