As I have random thoughts swirling around in my head this morning, I thought I would gather them together for a post.
1. Something I have learned about myself lately (well, I think I always knew it but now am actually admitting it) is that I like to have a slooooooowwww start to my day. It doesn't matter what time I get up, whether it's early or mid-morning, I like to have a couple of hours before I have to do anything. I especially enjoy a quiet house. During this time I drink my coffee, catch up on computer stuff, and start my new passion ...
2. Crossword puzzles. While I was in Florida my friend Megan had brought along a crossword puzzle book. I picked one up at Walmart and have been doing one crossword puzzle each day. I have gotten better at them and sometimes I don't even have to cheat!! I swear it helps with my early-onset memory loss. No, I have not been diagnosed with that, but I have the craziest memory lapses so I kid myself and my family about it all the time. They are scared about who is going to have to take care of me someday. Ha ha!
3. Yesterday Kyndal and I spent hours, yes hours, picking out the coordinating fabrics for Bennett's crib set. That's a hard thing to do! But, oh, it is going to be so cute! She is going with a cream/tan/brown color scheme with a splash of cactus green. The designs are arrows, feathers, branches, deer heads, geometric shapes. So far we have purchased the drapes (tan with cream branches) and rug (tan, geometric shapes). There is still so much work to be done, but we have a start! Fun, fun!
4. How can the exact same players on a professional baseball team win the World Series one year and then suck it up so bad the next? Those Kansas City Royals are going to be the death of me.
5. But on a positive note, look at this mug and succulent I picked up from the Amish greenhouse a couple of weeks ago. I looked down and saw it and noticed that the mug looked old. When I turned it around? ... it's a 1985 World Series mug! The Royals have only won the World Series two times, in 1985 and 2015. I watched both wins. That mug is probably worth some money! So I paid the $4 they were asking for it (yes, $4!!) and brought it home. It's pretty clear that the Amish do not follow professional sports.
Have a great weekend! We have nothing on our calendar. NOTHING! Yay!