Skip to main content

Weekly-Wrap Up ~ One of Those Interruptions


I recently read the book Teaching from Rest by Sarah MacKenzie. There were so many nuggets from that book that I wanted to remember throughout the school year, so I wrote several quotes throughout my planner.

One of the quotes written on my August calendar is "When a person interrupts what you are doing, you recognize a representative of Christ."

We had our first full week of school last week. And this week a person interrupted us. He was most certainly a representative of Christ. I guess you could go ahead and say he was an angel sent straight from above.


Bennett Matthew Werths beautifully interrupted our lives on Monday morning at 7:16 a.m. He weighed 6 lbs. 5 ozs. and was 18 1/2" long. He was three weeks early, just two days shy of 37 weeks. Kyndal had been having contractions, dilating, and effacing since 33 weeks, so her doctor was pleased that she made it that far. Bennett was born completely healthy! His lung development was just fine, his blood sugars all tested in the normal range, and his bilirubin levels were only slightly elevated. The NICU team cleared him to spend all his time with his mommy and daddy and he was released to go home with them on Wednesday.



He is perfect, and I mean perfect. And look at all of that hair!!


Kyndal and Collin did so amazing during the labor and delivery. They handled it with humor, patience, and a beautiful strength. Kyndal was a warrior, and I could not have been more proud of her. Watching my daughter become a mother was the most surreal and profound moment of my life.


So, yeah, there were no books cracked this week. We will start back up on Monday.


This week we celebrated the "contemplative way" ... the being and becoming over the doing and checking off. ~ Teaching from Rest. And it was the better way.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to the day when our lives get interrupted by grandchildren! Love that quote. Found your blog through the weekly wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations grandmom! One day I will be able to enjoy the same joy (only hope all my currently homeschooled kids are graduated, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the whole beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Congratulations :) He's gorgeous and your daughter looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so sweet and the delight on your daughters face is priceless.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you all!! I know you are over the moon excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so beautiful! I started to cry when I saw the pictures. I started reading your blog when Kyndal was so much younger. She looks so happy! (You do, too!) Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a