Skip to main content

Wednesday Hodgepodge




I am still having computer problems that make blogging much more trouble than it's worth. But I'm going to give a Wednesday Hodgepodge a try since it has been so long since I have participated. And I have missed it!

What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?

The best thing is definitely the purging that can occur. On our next move I am definitely only going to take with us what I really want! The worst part? All of the last little odds and ends that never seem to end ... those last bits in those last drawers and closets ... those final things you can't pack because you need to use them right up until the moment you move.

What's moved you recently?

Seeing all of the love our whole family has for Bennett warms my heart. He is just such a joy, and he lights up the faces of each of us when he comes into the room. He is a precious gift.

Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?

I feel like my life is moving forward at warp speed. How is it already the middle of October of 2016? This year has absolutely flown by, and each year seems to go by faster and faster.

On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it's your move, or bust a move ... which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.

I would say I need to get a move on. I feel like I am in a bit of a slump right now ... in one of those "I don't care" kind of moods. I hate it when I feel like this. I just feel tired and worn down and don't have any energy to rise above it. It's not depression, really, but more apathy. I am not eating as well as I should, not exercising, not consistently having my daily quiet time. I feel inadequate as a wife, as a mother, as a friend. It seems most nights I say, "Tomorrow I am going to start __________." But then tomorrow arrives and I just don't feel like it. I need to get out of this funk.

What song makes you want to get up and move?

Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars.

Your favorite snack to grab when you're on the move?

If we are running out of the house for an outing, I always throw some kind of protein bar into my purse. If we are traveling, I grab a bag of corn nuts.

What one accessory makes your house feel like home?

Probably our throw blankets. Nothing says home like curling up on the couch or in a big comfy chair and covering up with a plush throw.

Insert your own random thought here.

If you are on Instagram, and would like to keep up with my goings on there (because I am now a terrible blogger), and would like the added bonus of seeing daily photos of my adorable grandson, you can request to follow me. My username is nikki_taulman.

Comments

  1. Haven't really got into instagram (yet) but that picture of your grandson on your sidebar is adorable. Sorry to hear you're have problems blogging. As for the apathy - hopefully things will pick up. You must be looking forward to the first Christmas with your new addition :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a