Skip to main content

Wednesday Hodgepodge




Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.

I'll be with you in a minute. I have a task to complete.

December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day ... do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.

No, I don't own pearls. A 'pearl of wisdom' for today ... This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. I woke up saying these words today and hoping to make them my daily mantra to help me remember to focus on today and all it has to offer.

Speaking of pearls ... oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest .. have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?

Ugh, no! I have never tried one, but I do not have any desire to eat anything that is going to try its best to crawl back up my throat while I am trying to swallow it.

Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?

I am going to have to go with Dolly Parton. The efforts she is making for the forest fire victims should be honored.

The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named - Greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year?

Ahhhh!!!! My signature color is the Color of the Year! I didn't know this was my signature color until I realized that I was buying a lot of my accessories in it. My bicycle has this color in it, my bicycle helmet is that color green, and so is my adventure backpack. My selfie stick handle is green. I just gravitate toward that color. I have it in my kitchen, also. And these items I use every day are of that shade.




Today I've had too much ______________.

being out running around in the cold. I do love winter and cold temps, but I enjoy them most when I am snuggled up on the couch in my slippers covered up with a blanket and sipping a hot beverage.

Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.

" ... and so I'm offering this simple phrase for kids from 1 to 92, although it's been said many times many ways, Merry Christmas to you."

Insert your own random thought here.

Last night I watched an interview with Megyn Kelly from Fox's the The Kelly Files that I had DVR'd from C-Span. It was about her book Settle for More and covered many different aspects of the life including her children, how she was raised, how she was bullied as a middle schooler, her career, parenting, her relationship with Donald Trump, and other things. So much of what she said resonated with me. I see so much of myself in her and her personality. I immediately purchased her book on my Kindle and started reading it today. A big issue I have dealt with in my life, and still deal with today, in regard to my personality is one with which she has also struggled. It was the first time I have ever had someone else articulate how I am feeling exactly, in the exact same words I use in my head all the time! I hope that her book reveals some of the ways she worked to overcome this issue. I have felt so alone for so long, but I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest because there is someone out there, albeit a public figure, who has suffered as well.


Comments

  1. Well....Bennett was certainly a great spot in 2016 for you. He is a cutie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a