Skip to main content

First Day ~ June


Today I would normally be posting on Tuesday Coffee Chat, but today's topic is about any DIY projects we have done recently. With our extra crazy May, including graduating one child from high school and marrying off another one in not one but two weddings which included a family caribbean vacation, the only thing I am doing myself is laundry. We'll catch back up with Leslie at Time Out for Mom next week (but you can jump over there to see what fun projects are going on in the worlds of other ladies).

Although I was absolutely exhausted yesterday to the point of being sick, I did manage to snap some photos of our First Day of June. We had to jump right in to volleyball camp, errands, and a softball game so there was little rest yesterday. Today I am staying in my pjs doing laundry and watching When Calls the Heart on Netflix. I will probably do much of the same tomorrow.

But yesterday ...

Back from vacation.

It was a drizzly 57 degree day, so bean with bacon soup was needed.

Fun mail!

7 whole days with no electronics, so ....

The necessities for my day ... coffee and Tylenol.

This got filed at the courthouse.

Mrs. Werths and I got some groceries.

And she got her new driver's license. (She had forgotten
half of her required documents so her new, very understanding
husband had to drive them to us.) 

I managed to sneak in a couple episodes of When Calls the Heart.

Trying out the new frisbee purchased in Honduras. Always frisbee around here.

Fun new fruit infusion cup I bought at Aldi.

Our doggies missed us, and we missed them!

Softball night dinner.

Best friends rock!

This dog kept running onto the field and chasing the ball.

One of the dads had to rope him and tie him to a pole.

Brynne had an awesome game! She hit a double, had a play at first for
an out, and then caught a pop fly with a double play at first.

Join Nicole at Journey to Josie for more First Day fun!

Comments

  1. This looks like such a fun day!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day! It was chilly and rainy here too. We needed to turn the heat on, grrr. I shared a picture of our thermometer in my first day post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...