Skip to main content

Go Get It

I'm not even going to lie .. I am so gosh-darn excited about starting my new job working from home! Recently I listened to the book You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. It's a little hokey-pokey advising you to tap into your "source energy" and the power of the universe, to manifest your beliefs, and to love yourself. But, really, the book is all about allowing yourself to be positive, have faith, take risks, and believe that good things will happen in your life.

Lordy, we have become so bogged down with 'ho hums' and 'I wishes' and have just resigned ourselves to the conclusion that all things are bad, we aren't allowed to enjoy our lives, and money is evil. We are a depressing lot.

I remember a time in my life when if I wanted something I believed I could get it and then went out and did just that. And then somewhere along the way I became a cynical, grouchy, pessimist allowing myself to believe that I was not entitled to happiness. Sadly, I think the church lulled me into a 'less than' attitude and one where happiness was replaced with 'joy' but only 'joy' could be achieved by giving all I had to someone else. We should give to others. We should do for others. But we have lost the ability to have balance! We have forgotten that God actually wants us to be happy, too!

God has blessed my life, and I am sick of acting like He hasn't. What a waste if I take the blessings but not use them and enjoy them. If I am not going to take advantage of them then He might just stop giving them to me and give them to someone else who will appreciate them. Hmmm ...

At some point in the past couple of weeks I just decided that I am going to live a good last half of my life. I decided that what I was currently doing was not what I wanted to do forever. I decided that I needed to go get what I wanted. And just as soon as I decided it was what I was GOING to do, instead of hoping to do, it was there. It all fell into place. I am getting what I want. I am one step closer to living the life I want to live. I will be able to have the future I want to have. I decided what I needed, and that's what I got.

From this point forward I am opening myself up to the possibilities in my life. It's going to be as good as I want it to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...