Skip to main content

Mindset for Moms

I think Joyce Meyer calls it "Stinkin' Thinkin'". You know it ... all that negativity that floods your mind and thoughts. We all do it, at one time or another. The mind can be a bad place to reside. It can convince us our circumstances are insurmountable. The stresses of being a mom, thinking other moms "have it all" and "do it all" is one place where "Stinkin' Thinkin'" can certainly come into play.

When posting my Day in the Life post the other day at Simple Homeschool, Jamie Martin's new e-book, Mindset for Moms, caught my eye. I looked at what it had to offer and considered purchasing it for some reading on my iPad.


What is "Mindset for Moms"? Jamie Martin says this:

"In time I realized that much of my negativity stemmed from my thinking. I slowly discovered that my happiness had less to do with my circumstances and more to do with my thoughts about those circumstances. As I began to learn how to choose my mindset with more intention, I found that much of my life also started to change…from the way I felt physically, to the way I handled challenges, to even the home we now live in. Life isn’t perfect, but it is incredible. I want that for you, too."

This e-book is for purchase for only $5. I think that is an incredible bargain! Many days I scour the internet, reading blogs of other wives and moms, seeking their wisdom on how to be better at those most important jobs. Jamie gives you her thoughts, compiled on one easy, interesting, and inspiring read.

You can go here to read more about Jamie's e-book and to purchase it. Well, what are you waiting for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a