Monday, January 2, 2017

A Year of Goodreads (and some not so good)

I started off 2016 with a good reading streak. It was about that time I heard about Goodreads, so I set up a 2016 Reading Challenge of 25 books. I had never read that many books in a year. I knew it was a stretch, but I love to read so I really wanted to commit to it. I also decided that the 25 books would not include any read alouds the kids and I would do in the year, and we usually read about 15 novels in a school year.

 Reading is like drinking water ... the more you do it the more you crave it. Once I got started reading this past year I just couldn't quit. My list of 'To Be Read' books just grew and grew and I kept reading.

I was shocked that in 2016 I read 53 books! Here is a summary of what I read this past year.












I have made a Reading Challenge Goal for 2017 of 50 books, not including any books that we read aloud as part of homeschooling. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by how much you read. I managed to make it through 15 books (not including chapter books I read with three different kids) this year and I was proud. I used to read 1-4 books a week before I had kids and I miss it, so I'm making it a goal to read even more this year. Loved seeing what you read. I'm going to add a few to my list!

    ReplyDelete

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!