Skip to main content

And Speaking of Birthdays .... Benny is One!


One year ago today, in just a few minutes to be exact, our absolutely precious first grand baby came peeing into this world at just 6 1/2 pounds. Bennett Matthew Werths was born a little over three weeks early on August 22nd and our lives were forever changed.



There is nothing like being a grandparent. Nothing.




Benny is a hoot! We have enjoyed him so much this year watching him grow and learn.



He is such a little copycat. If you do it, so does he. Just yesterday I was talking and apparently interrupting him and he yelled to me and then put his finger to his mouth to say "shhhhh". I had just been doing the same thing to him at the library (not yelling, but shushing ... library voices, people!).



My boy loves to give me kisses, shares my coffee with me ("More!"), and steals my heart every time I give him a bottle to put him to sleep.


And that hair. It's awesome.


Benny, Nana loves you so very much! Thank you for bringing such unspeakable joy into my life.


Muah!


Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet grandson! I can tell just how much joy he brings to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...