Skip to main content

American History Linky ~ Heads Up!

Because American History is going to be such an emphasis for us this year, I decided that I would do a separate post each week on what we have studied, with books read, notebook pages done, projects completed, etc. My vision is for it to be a place of sharing amongst all homeschoolers doing American History studies, from elementary to high school.

I will be posting our American History weekly studies on Saturdays. It will be called Study America Saturday. I will have a Linky set up each Saturday morning with my post and I really, really hope that the fever will catch on and you will participate! (No one likes to set up a Linky that has no Linkers! That's just sad!)

So, if you would like to participate, or you know someone who would, grab my button on the right (thanks, Shannon!), write your American History post each week, and Link up on Saturdays!

My first post and Link up will be Saturday, August 20th.

See you then!



Comments

  1. we'll be there it will be good for my 5 year old to learn before they do in school. Great refresher for my almost 11 year old and maybe make me like American history a little more. :)

    your welcome on the button I had a blast making it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh!!! I am really looking forward to this! American History is my favorite subject. We just started covering the Revolutionary War. Great idea Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! We are doing the Story of the World and aren't quite at American history yet, but, I can't wait to see what you all will be up to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...