Skip to main content

First Day - March


The First Day of March was a fun one! We got a good dumping of snow, the fun kind. Church was cancelled so we slept in, ate good food, and did lots of playing. Well, some of us did. I am linking up with Nicole at Journey to Josie.

This is how late I slept yesterday morning!! (Snow day!)

It was a snowy wonderland!

Started my morning off right.

Daddy snuggles with Quincy.

I parked in front of the furnace for a while.

And Rick and I had some breakfast and chat time.

Eli started his morning off "right" with a waffle and Wii U.

The furnace was a popular place today.

Right at 4 inches of good snow!

That had to be cleared off the vehicles.

I stayed snug inside doing laundry with more coffee.

Buck prefers the warmth of indoors.

Although he, Quincy, and Crusoe did go out for a bit.

Yadi stayed out with Kyndal the whole time she was out there. He was a maniac.

He didn't want to come in.

Neither did Chloe.

Kyndal adores her babies.

The family working on a snowwoman.

While I, again, stayed inside and had some warm stew for lunch.

Meet Lydia.

Everyone finally got cold enough to come in for cocoa.

And Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas for dinner.

Rick and I watched The Mummy, a favorite.

My house with no people in it. Rick headed back to Oklahoma,
Kyndal, Collin and their dogs went home,
Eli and Brynne retreated to their bedroom,
and Dawson and Taylar were hanging out upstairs.

So I did some lesson planning and watched the finale
of "How to Get Away with Murder".

Until I went to bed for some blog time.

And ended my day exactly 12 hours after it started.

Comments

  1. looks like a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my body would let me sleep in that late! So nice! I love a good, calm Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fantastic day! Glad you got to sleep in and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great snow day! Snow is THE time for warm drinks, warm food, sleeping in! I'm not sure about the snowman-making, but they did an awesome job! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...