Skip to main content

Tuesday Coffee Chat



For the month of November, Leslie at Tuesday Coffee Chat is asking us to choose something we want/need to do for ourselves and to concentrate on that for the whole month. Then we can check in each Tuesday for a progress report.

This election has got me, like most people, feeling a little discombobulated. I feel all out of sorts. Where are we headed? What are we doing? What will become of us? I have a sinking feeling that if there was ever a time to get close to God and get right with Him it would be now. Now is the time. I think we are going to need Him. I know that I need Him, but I think I am going to need him more and more as time goes on. What is it going to take for Him to get our attention?

He's got my attention.

I want to be so close to God that I have an unshakable faith in Him and all He allows to happen in my life. I want to be the recipient of His blessings, but also His protection.

I cannot change the world. I cannot change any other one person. But I can work at change in myself, especially that change that I know I need to make.

I have talked recently about my apathy, lack of confidence, frustration and anger. I have burrowed myself away in my home shutting everything and everybody out. It's my safe place. It's where I want to be. I look at the first half of my life and, in many ways, worry that it has not counted for much. Then I panic and feel like I don't have that much time left to make things right.

I recognize how God and I are 'hit or miss' in our time together which leaves me flailing around and 'hit or miss' in how I feel about people and situations and myself.

I find myself wanting to do this or that and change this or that, but then realize I don't really have the energy for it. I think that is because I am not involving God in my decisions so I am trying to do it all in my own strength. And that wears me out. Heck, I am not even asking God his opinion about what I should not be doing.

Take care of myself. That's been my answer.

I just feel like God wants more from me. He wants more for me. He needs me as much as I need Him.

This is a rambling post, huh? I haven't really given an answer to the question. So I guess that's where my updates will find me ... figuring it out as I go along.

But I do know for sure, God is the key.

*** I wrote this post last night as I was going to bed. This morning I picked up a book off my bookshelf that I have owned for years. I have read a little of it, but never the whole thing. I was wondering last night how I really felt about my post and my feelings and what I would do about any of it. The first chapter was about making your life count for God. The gist of the prologue and first chapter was that it is all about discipline. I decide to acknowledge God and he then provides me with answers and guidance. I have an obligation to him and He has an obligation to me. I am not alone.

So, for this first week of November, I will begin reading a chapter each morning out of A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George.



I look forward to seeing where this takes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a