Skip to main content

First Day ~ June


Our first day of June was spent at my parents' lakehouse. The weather wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darned nice. Eli did lots of relaxing in the house and Brynne swam with her lake buddies for four hours straight. I read a lot, and sat out in the sun. Dawson and Taylar came down for the day. Papa took us to Skipper's for dinner, at Eli's request. Then the little kids and I spent the night.

The view from my chair on the deck of the house.

My dad out jugging for catfish.

Lots of reading!

I needed a little cat nap.

Dawson and Taylar arrived. End of my cat nap!

Some snacks before heading out to the water.

My mom's dog, Sonny.

The catfish haul.

Brrrr ... the water was cold! (like 60 degrees) But it didn't stop Brynne!

My mom reading.

Doing some sunning.

Brynne and her lake buddy, Rowan.

Waverunner time!

And they got a little wet.

Hour 3 1/2 of non-stop swimming.

The view of the house from the dock.

Dinner at Skipper's before Dawson and Taylar headed back home.

Join Nicole at Journey to Josie for more First Day entries!

Comments

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...