Skip to main content

Trim Healthy Mama ~ Summer Book Club



Well, today is the start date of the Trim Healthy Mama Summer Book Club here at Journey to Excellence. Each Monday I will assign four chapters to read and then will be back on Thursday with my thoughts. If you have the book I would love it if you would join me!

So for this week, read the following chapters:

  • Chapter 1, Whole Grain Jane
  • Chapter 2, Drive Thru Sue
  • Chapter 18, Morning Meals (recipes)
  • Chapter 31, Mama's Balancing Act
This is a big, hefty book, so we'll need to read four chapters a week to finish by the end of August.

Looking forward to this book!

Comments

  1. Oh, I am sooo excited that you are doing this! I made my first recipes from the book just this week........so far, so good (as far as liking the recipes). I am going to go back and reread the chapters you assigned, because I really skimmed through it the first time because I was anxious to get to the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I have done is eat my coffee cup eggs for breakfast because I think it falls in line with the Morning Recipes. I haven't started making any of the recipes yet because I notice all these Code Letters that make me think that there is a combination of recipes that you are supposed to eat?? I read the first two chapters and see that I have a lot to take in before I really get into the diet. Wow! So much information! It seems to follow a low glycemic strategy which is what the book Ending the Food Fight (that I read this year for Brynne) was all about. I'll be anxious to see if it continues on in that direction.

      Join me!! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry but I won't be participating with the book club after all. Trying to save money, therefore spending freeze.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...