Skip to main content

Those Important Men


Today was a day to celebrate the important men in my life … those Fathers who make my life and the lives of my children special.

Let's start with this guy. My dad, Bill. He is a rock solid man with a big ol' soft heart who loves his kids and grandkids. I am not sure what we would do without him some days. He's the guy to call in times of trouble and he's the guy with the answers.


Then there is Collin's dad, Tracey, who has spent the last three weekends in a row at Collin and Kyndal's house making sure everything is running smoothly and looking good. He has raised a good son for my daughter and I am grateful to him.


And, finally, there is the daddy who makes my babies' lives shine. Rick is a great husband, but he is also an amazing father. I have never known anybody who puts his children first the way that Rick does. He gives up his own comfort and pleasure to do whatever it takes to be there for his children whenever they need him (and that is no easy task from 5 hours away). I cannot think of one time in the past 14 years that he has not dropped everything for the needs of one of his kids. I am grateful for the way he shows the boys how to take care of a woman and the girls are so blessed to always have a dependable man in their life. We are all lucky to have him.


We fixed a big lunch at home this afternoon for these men. We had spinach and pepper jack grilled chicken rolls, grilled corn on the cob, party potatoes, jalapeño poppers, cucumber and onion pasta salad, brownies, banana bread, and root beer floats (Rick's favorite). It was such a great meal!



Then Rick and I and the kids (plus Collin and Taylar) all went to the movies to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. Going to the movies is always a fun time with this family. There were lots of laughs, and quite a few tears. It was a great movie!!! Definitely a must-see if you are a Hiccup and Toothless fan.



I feel a little guilty that we all enjoyed the day just as much as, if not more than, the guys. It was a perfect day together.


Happy Father's Day! Dad, Tracey and Rick … we love you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CTC Math {Schoolhouse Review}

We found our groove with math this year. I found a curriculum that both of the kids respond well to and seem to enjoy (as much as one can enjoy math). We have spent the whole year learning the ins and outs of multiplication and were just a few lessons away from being ready to move onto the next year-long level on division. And then an opportunity to review the 12 Month Family Plan from  CTC Math became available. To be honest, I wasn't very enthusiastic. I mean, why mess with the methods that have worked so well? When I was chosen to review the product I didn't go into it with the level of enthusiasm that it deserved. We have been using a dvd/workbook curriculum with great success. The 12 Month Family Plan from CTC Math is a web based curriculum. As we have not had a lot of luck with those types of programs, I went into this review with a negative attitude. And then my socks were knocked off by how great it is. In fact it is so great that we are going to continue to ...

Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt (Schoolhouse Review)

For the past several weeks we have been reviewing Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament and Ancient Egypt Flashcards  from Veritas Press . As we were entering into our more easy-going summer schedule, and had just concluded a two-year Old Testament Bible course, I was happy to try out this product as it appeared to be something that Eli and Brynne could do together, alone, and would act as a review of the Old Testament presented in a different way. And I was right. Each Veritas Press Self-Paced History program includes 160 lessons teaching about 32 events in history. They are designed for children in grades 2-6, and it is recommended that the student be a minimum of 7 years of age at the time of the first lesson. What We Received We received a full one-year subscription, for one child, to the online Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt program and the accompanying Old Testament and Ancien...

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.