Joining Miranda at Random 5 on Friday again this week.
1. We are all packed for our 10 day trip to California, and we are soooo excited! We have a lot planned, but I am most looking forward to just seeing the kids experience places they have dreamed about for so long. Must-sees are Hoover Dam, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Pink Ladies, and the real house that was used as the house front for Full House.
2. The little kids and I went for our eye appointments yesterday. Thankfully neither kid needs glasses! Eli does have the same lazy eye that I have that will require him to wear glasses for reading when he is older, but nothing now. Brynne had perfect vision. I was pleased to learn that I can put off bifocals for another few years! Dawson went for his exam on Tuesday and he has astigmatism and needed a new prescription for his glasses.
3. Project Runway started again last night! Yay! It's my absolute favorite show. Speaking of favorite shows .... my beloved Shemar Moore will be back on The Young and the Restless on September 10th and 11th. Set your DVR!! Oh, Malcolm, I have missed you! But, I still prefer you as Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds. Yowzer! (Do you follow Shemar on Instagram? It's a great way to get a daily dose of him. He is awesome with his fans and a super great guy!)
4. Tonight we are having Christmas in July at our house. We are a movie quoting family and one of our favorites is Christmas Vacation. Taylar has not experienced the movies we quote as much as we have and she is wanting to watch all of our favorites so she can, at least, follow along when we get started. We are going to have a minimalized Christmas turkey dinner and watch the movie together as a family. We are goofy and I love us!
5. My printer broke. Boo. We use it every single day in schooling so I have to replace it asap. Happy Birthday to me! (That's what I'm spending my birthday money on from my parents.) Anyone have a recommendation for the best monochrome (black and white only) printer/scanner that has cheap replacement cartridges? I don't need anything fancy ... just something that prints.