Skip to main content

Random 5



1. Life is nuts for us right now with preparing for Dawson's high school graduation and Kyndal's upcoming wedding. Both events are within one week of each other in May. It's crazy!

Where did my babies go??

2. Dawson and I were looking at photos from about 5 years ago, preparing for his senior events. He mentioned (oh so sweetly and with pure love and devotion) that I looked so "young, skinny, and pretty". He is right. I did. It occurred to me that the stress of the last few years has really taken its toll on me physically! I realize that I look as old as I feel. And I feel old. Well, enough of that! I've got two months before we go on a tropical vacation. When I look at those photos I am going to see a "young, skinny, and pretty" me again!! It's time to feel young again.

Okay, honey, I admit ... longer blonder hair makes me look younger.

3. The weather the next week is going to be beautiful!!! I cannot wait to get outside and feel some sunshine!!


4. Brynne plays her last basketball games of the season this Saturday. We'll get a couple week break and then will launch right into softball season. She is also attending an after-school class on Tuesdays and Thursdays to prepare for a 5K she will run in May. I am so proud of her activity level and commitment to sports that she loves. I hope she always keeps that desire to be physically fit.


5. I am so thankful for my husband. Although he's been Kyndal's dad for the better part of her life, she is not his biological daughter. They have had their struggles. Oh my goodness, have they! But he has never wavered in his commitment to take care of her. He has supported all of her decisions in moving into adulthood ... helping her and Collin buy their first house, emotionally supporting their decision to get married, and now making sure she has the wedding of her dreams. When she made the decision to change her plans and have a family ceremony and then a destination commitment ceremony in Mexico two months before her already-scheduled wedding, he worked tirelessly to make sure we had the funds to make that happen. I am not sure if she will ever get what sacrifices he has made for her all of her life. But I hope that she will always know that he is here for her. I couldn't have taken care of her or given her this start on her adult life without him. I am forever grateful for his love for us.


Comments

  1. Girl! You are beautiful. I hope you know it and feel it. You have such a beautiful family and the way you love them just makes you shine. I'm also in this "I look so much older" phase, but .. as my Grandmother-in-law used to tell me, "Getting older is so much better than the alternative". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful! I'm sure you're going to be glowing on vacation. XOXO
    Your weather forecast for the week is perfect. We're in the low 50's, and it feels amazing after our long, frigid winter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a