1. It was 95 degrees today and I bought winter gloves. You just have to grab a good deal when you find one, and I found a good deal! I am a firm believer in the power of The North Face winter wear. Hibbett Sports had boys' The North Face Denali gloves (with Etip) for $9.99. I bought every pair that would fit someone in our family.
2. My granddoggy, Chloe, had surgery today to remove bladder stones. They are hoping with a new food regime that future stones will be avoided. This is her second bladder surgery in 7 years.
3. Even though I went to the store to get groceries today, I couldn't come up with anything that sounded good for dinner. So everybody got to choose what they wanted to eat from our restaurant choices of Subway, Sonic, DQ and take-out Chinese. By the time I drove around and got everybody's food I could have fixed a meal. Who am I kidding ... it was worth it.
4. I sat down this evening and planned out our school days and breaks for the 2015/2016 school year. Doing this ensures that we get all of our required hours accomplished. Every step of planning gets me more and more excited to start our full school year. We are planning to start our full schedule on August 31st.
5. Our school planning has us with two scheduled trips to Florida this year. We will drive my mom down in early October (to leave her there for a couple of months until my dad goes back to get her) and will stay and have some fun for about a week. While there we will visit one of our favorite places, the National Naval Aviation Museum, this time with a focus on WWII planes, aircraft carriers, and subs as a kickoff to our studies. (Every time we go there we are able to focus on a different aspect of the museum.) Then we are going back to Pensacola at the end of the school year taking a detour to New Orleans on our way there to go to the National WWII Museum to conclude our year-long WWII studies. On that trip are taking our best friends from Oklahoma.