Monday, March 28, 2011

Real Life Learning ~ The Grocery Store

Every other Friday Brynne and I go grocery shopping. I am one that makes a very specific list based on a very specific menu with a very specific amount of money. We go to Aldi and then the Walmart Supercenter. Brynne loves to go to the grocery store and she is a huge help.

I came across these cool downloads at Reading Rockets ~ Grocery Store Activity Sheets.


I am definitely going to take a couple of these with us on our next trip to the store (this Friday.) She will love them!

3 comments:

  1. we do math problems in the grocery store she is getting really good at subtraction. we also do spelling!

    you can learn just about anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you being so cost and menu conscious. I am horrible at grocery shopping and often find myself just grabbing random things that look good at the time. So bad.
    That activity looks great. I will have to go check out that site.

    ReplyDelete

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!