Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap-Up ~ Flipped Out and Bowled Over

Three more weeks until we officially start school. There is so much left to do. Eeeeeekkkkk!!!!

This week, though, we spent our time doing some reading and hanging out with Co-op friends. On Tuesday night the Co-op moms had our Back-to-School Support Meeting. I don't know if the kids are excited, but the moms are pumped up!!! It's going to be such a great year!

We had our last Co-op playgroup on Wednesday. It, again, was so great to get together with these families. The girlies have made some strong connections, and the moms certainly have, as well. For their craft, the girls decorated flip flops. So cute!!!



Today we went bowling with our group. Again, it was lots of fun and the kids had so much fun with their friends, and their big brother Dawson!





Even Eli has been getting involved in the Co-op activities. I signed him up for our group's monthly Boys' Club which is sponsored by Modern Woodsmen. He was so excited to go somewhere "just for boys" and can't wait to participate in this group! I was excited that he was so excited!

We also learned that while the Boys' Club is meeting, there is also a Girl's Club (also sponsored by Modern Woodsmen) that Brynne can join in August when she turns 6. And I have heard that the group is awesome!! So, both kids will be participating in these clubs this fall.

Lots of exciting things are in the works for this school year! Who says homeschooled kids lack socialization??

Check in with Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers for other Weekly Wrap-ups.

Comments

  1. Fun week! We're starting in a couple of weeks-exciting. I'm ready to get going too!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...