Skip to main content

First Day ~ February (5 Days Late)


I took pictures on the first day of February, I just didn't get them posted. Here is what our day looked like:

Doing a lift/drag experiment with gliders.

We celebrated the one month anniversary of Cherry the minnow coming to live with us. (We told Brynne it would be dead after one day.)

Our stack of books ready for our day of school.

Castle time.

My least favorite first day of the month activity ... vacuuming behind all of the furniture.

My niece ran for courtwarming princess.

Dawson and Taylar before the dance.

How we spent the evening .. watching WWE.

Temple Run 2 was free for iPad, so we downloaded it.

My niece Ashtyn (and my husband) at the baseketball game.

Daddy and Eli getting in some snuggle time.

I am linking up with Nicole at Journey to Josie!

Comments

  1. I never heard of the First Day link up - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! And you look so cute and stylish vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the first happened to be on my "showering" day! Ha! Those don't happen as often as you might think.

      Delete
    2. Oh I know all about "showering days!" Hey, it's not good for your skin and hair to wash it everyday!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...