Skip to main content

Meet Our New P.E. Teacher


With a definite need for us to be more active in these solitary months of winter, I reached out for an alternative for us for Physical Education. Meet our new teacher ... Billy Blanks, Jr.



Three days a week I have been pulling up Billy Blanks, Jr., 10-12 minute hip hop exercise videos on Youtube and we have been getting our hip hop on! There are tons of routines and they are fun! Today we did a mix of 70's, 80's, and 90's dance moves. The videos really get our heart rates up, and we even sweat a little! And by the end the kids are saying, "I can't do it anymore! My legs!"

I didn't know if the kids would be able to handle the fast-paced routines (or me, for that matter), but they actually catch on pretty quick and are doing a great job keeping up!

If you are bored in your form of physical activity, I highly recommend this!

Comments

  1. Haha- love it. Isn't he the Tae Bo guy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise is so important in all of our lives. It's great that you're including it in your curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was your post about the Denise Austin videos that gave me the idea. Thanks, Rona!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. I didn't even know their was a Billy Banks Jr. I might need to try something like this in place of my Zumba for a couple of week. My heels are bothering me a lot and I am thinking about taking a Zumba break to allow them to heal.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...