Skip to main content

EEME - Project Genius Light {Schoolhouse Review}


 photo logo_eemeco_zpse0c72040.png


I've said it once and I'll say it again. Science and me do not get along very well. Since I am more language arts and history bent, math and science seem like such a chore. I can trudge through math with a good and consistent program. But, I have a really hard time sticking with any science program unless it has to do with birds or gardening, because those are things I enjoy. So I am always thankful for a science product review. This time it was Project Genius Light by EEME.

 photo project-lights-mr_zpsd5336475.jpg


Just because I don't enjoy science doesn't mean my kids don't. In fact, they love science and are always so excited when I haul out the materials for a science experiment. When I told them they were going to get to do an electrical project, they were very enthusiastic! And the real exciting part was that I told them that it was a project they would get to do with their daddy! It was a win-win for all of us because Rick LOVES science. So, I got to sit and watch and take pictures as they did the project together.

 photo project-lights-stack-mr_zps772281dd.jpg


EEME's monthly hands-on project kits teach kids about electronics. Each project kit is paired with online curricula to not only teach kids how to assemble projects like lights, buzzers, and more, but to also teach them how the electronics works. ~ from EEME.

What does this mean? It's means you order a kit. Once you receive the kit (that contains EVERYTHING you need), you then log onto the provided link and watch the video provided. It takes takes you step-by-step through the process to complete the kit.

We received our Project Genius Light kit and logged onto the provided website to watch the video. They would watch a portion of the video, pause it, recreate what they had seen. Then they would move on. At the end, the project turned out exactly the way the instructions said they would. And the kids were amazed at the results!










You can purchase a five-month subscription to EEME. With that you receive:

  • a different kit each month containing all of the materials needed.
  • a link for you to follow for online instructions for how to construct the project.
  • quizzes to help reinforce learning.
The 5-month subscription costs $18.95 per month. For a limited time you can receive a FREE Baseboard add-on and FREE shipping.

Sign up for FREE at http://eeme.co to preview EEME's video curricula. If you think EEME is the right fit for your family, email dad@eeme.co for the latest promotional offer towards their monthly subscription. Just let them know you came from my blog.

How did we like the Project Genius Light project from EEME? It was really awesome! It took about an hour to complete the entire project and we did it all at once. I will say that my kids, ages 9 and 8 were wearing down by the end of it and we had to encourage them to keep going. Perhaps we should have broken it down into smaller chunks. But, once the project was complete, they were very excited that it WORKED! (Because, honestly, very few of our science projects and experiments seem to work out as we hope.) I am not sure we would spend as much as $18.95 per month on the kits, but should we ever decide that we want to do more electronics work, I would certainly look into purchasing the subscription. We know that the projects will work and that the kids will learn a lot.

The EEME projects are recommended for children ages 7-12.

To read other reviews for Project Genius Light by EEME, visit the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog.

Photobucket

*************************



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a