Skip to main content

Thankful ~ Day 6


I am so thankful for jobs for me and my family.

Rick, thankfully, has maintained a secure job throughout these tough economic times. It requires our family to be separated for a season, but we are thankful for the provision it provides us. Kyndal started her new part-time job at The Buckle today, a fun clothing store. Dawson received a worrisome text from his boss at the nursing home this afternoon and he was fearful that maybe his job was being eliminated due to downsizing. But, he was assured it is not. His job is secure. **UPDATE: Not only is Dawson's job secure, but he was told that he is "Employee of the Month". He will receive a plaque and a 35 cent per hour raise for a month!

And for me? Working outside the home is impossible due to our homeschooling and the fact that Rick is not here during the week. I have to be 100% available to my children at all times. But, I have been given an amazing opportunity!

The online course I recently developed for a Christian university contacted me to see if I would like to teach it! It's a 5-week course that starts next month, and I can do it all from home. I am hopeful that this is a course that will be offered at least a few times a year. I don't think the pay is going to be all that great, but anything extra is helpful! For the next three weeks I am actually acting as the student, taking an online faculty orientation course. Man, times have changes since I was last in school 20-some year ago! I am feeling a tad overwhelmed.

But, thankful.

Comments

  1. That's such a great opportunity for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me about it, now all my college classes are online. Congrats to all of you!

    Shannon (ps I combined blogs and now post recipes and lots of great christian fiction book reviews if your interested)

    http://lettersnumbersandbooksohmy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a