Skip to main content

First Day ~ November

Wow! It's November already! And our first day of November was a great one! The weather was so fallish that we just had to get out for a bike and scooter ride and a trip to the Dairy Queen. I am joining Nicole's First Day Linkup at Journey to Josie.

A post-Halloween morning, easing into the day.

Chloe was needing to ease in, too.

And mom needed to make a grocery list.

Mmmm … some spiced pumpkin seeds. Easy to make and yummy!

Making a little beef broth for swiss steak later in the evening.
 
We are LOVING the different colored leaves! It's been an especially pretty Fall.

And speaking of pretty.

Placing the last DQ order of this season. Our locally-owned Dairy Queen is only open from about April to November.

Walking back to grandma and papa's to eat our lunch. They only live two doors down from DQ.

Papa was at the lake and grandma was in Florida, so we just took advantage of their front porch.

Mom needed a foot long chili dog, too.

My car has been parked all week due to a dead alternator, so I've gotten more use out of my other set of wheels!

Just had to get in a little before-bed Minecraft play ...

… and Youtube watching.

Collin was a little tired from hunting.

So Kyndal, Rick and I just watched some t.v.

My man does dishes. Glad to have him home this weekend!


Comments

  1. Some girls like a man in a uniform... I'm for a man that does the dishes! :) Yay for you! Happy First Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally showing my husband this photo of your husband doing dishes. Right now I think he has the belief that it is physically impossible to actually load the dishwasher. ;) thanks for sharing!! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...