Skip to main content

First Day ~ November

Wow! It's November already! And our first day of November was a great one! The weather was so fallish that we just had to get out for a bike and scooter ride and a trip to the Dairy Queen. I am joining Nicole's First Day Linkup at Journey to Josie.

A post-Halloween morning, easing into the day.

Chloe was needing to ease in, too.

And mom needed to make a grocery list.

Mmmm … some spiced pumpkin seeds. Easy to make and yummy!

Making a little beef broth for swiss steak later in the evening.
 
We are LOVING the different colored leaves! It's been an especially pretty Fall.

And speaking of pretty.

Placing the last DQ order of this season. Our locally-owned Dairy Queen is only open from about April to November.

Walking back to grandma and papa's to eat our lunch. They only live two doors down from DQ.

Papa was at the lake and grandma was in Florida, so we just took advantage of their front porch.

Mom needed a foot long chili dog, too.

My car has been parked all week due to a dead alternator, so I've gotten more use out of my other set of wheels!

Just had to get in a little before-bed Minecraft play ...

… and Youtube watching.

Collin was a little tired from hunting.

So Kyndal, Rick and I just watched some t.v.

My man does dishes. Glad to have him home this weekend!


Comments

  1. Some girls like a man in a uniform... I'm for a man that does the dishes! :) Yay for you! Happy First Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally showing my husband this photo of your husband doing dishes. Right now I think he has the belief that it is physically impossible to actually load the dishwasher. ;) thanks for sharing!! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a