Skip to main content

Random 5 on Friday



1. Fall t.v. is here! Parenthood, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Law and Order: SVU, Big Bang Theory and a few new ones I am trying out.

2. How do you handle a really poor coach in a sport that your child loves, especially when playing on that team is the only available option? It's trying at its best and excruciating at its worse.

3. I am so glad it's the weekend and there is nothing on our schedule until Sunday. I seriously might get into my pjs at about 4:00 this afternoon and not get out of them until Sunday morning. Extra responsibilities have made this week an exhausting one!

4. Dawson told me that, after some thought, he has decided that he might go to school to be a teacher. He is particularly interested in history. Knowing his personality .... how he loves to dig into subjects and also how great he is with kids, especially special needs kids, I think he would be a great teacher. I have always secretly hoped he would come to that conclusion on his own. I am excited to see him planning his future.

5. I am not even sure I should dare to say it but my sticky child support case with my ex-husband is scheduled to conclude on Wednesday. I would appreciate your prayers for a just order for my children.

Comments

  1. All the best in court! Kids should have all the support - financially and otherwise - from their father's. (I struggle here with that too...) I keep forgetting or running out of time for Random 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for #5! About the coach- I am not sure. We had an awful year a while back. I thought sticking it out was best, but my son is still pretty upset by his experience from 7 years ago! I am not sure we should have quit, but it sure is frustrating. I used to watch Criminal Minds with my daughter and her now husband (when they were dating)- I can't watch it by myself though. I'd never get to sleep! Enjoy some time hanging out in your pjs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and the family have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope Wednesday goes easy and smooth! And hopefully will be done for good! And I love #4 too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...