Skip to main content

The Week Ahead




Our summer break free-for-all is now over. No, we're not doing anything hard core. But, lazing around in our pjs doing absolutely nothing just doesn't work for me for long. Sure, we needed some of that these past couple of weeks because of all of the personal turmoil going on. But, it's time to at least have a goal for the days ahead.

I am going to incorporate the kids' Bible verse from Sunday School, Acts of Kindness challenges from church, Brynne's Keeper's Club activities, and TOS Crew reviews into our daily plans.

Here's a preview as to what we will be doing this week ...

Monday ~ Memorize 1 John 2:15. Make cards to send to grandma in the nursing home. Go to the library to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. Drop off recycling. Go to Hobby Lobby for some supplies needed for projects. Make Brynne's apron for Girls Club. Eli play IXL.

Tuesday ~ Memorize 1 John 2:15. Brynne write letters of appreciation to three adults. Practice memorizing our address. Go to a local park/splash pad with Co-op. Go to Girls and Boys Club. Eli play IXL.

Wednesday ~ Memorize 1 John 2:15. Brynne write a personal letter to a friend. Practice memorizing our address. Go to the water park. Eli play IXL.

Thursday ~ Memorize 1 John 2:15. Brynne write a personal letter to a friend. Practice memorizing our address. Read a book. Play Rainbow Sentences.

Friday ~ Memorize 1 John 2:15. Brynne write a personal letter to a friend. Practice memorizing our address. Read a book. Play Rainbow Sentences.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good plan! Enjoy a (hopefully) more relaxing week! See you for book club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! Have a splendiferous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed reading your blog! Now that I am starting to recover from illness after returning home from vacation, I can finally catch up on blog reading. I am starting with yours and I can see there are a lot of posts in the past four weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...