Skip to main content

Couch to 5K to Couch


Yesterday morning I got up bright and early to train for the 5K Color Run I am planning at the end of August. I walked out the back door with my phone in hand setting my stopwatch for the warmup. Not watching where I was going, I stepped on one of the wood borders around our big oak tree and slipped because it was wet from an overnight rain. I landed in a hurdle position on the ground and heard and felt a pop on the right side of my knee. The pain shot down to my right foot and I was immobile. I managed to drag myself up to the back porch and into a chair. I was in a lot of pain. I called Rick and as I was on the phone with him I felt myself getting sick to my stomach and feeling as though I might pass out. I told him I had to go and made my way into the house. I was woozy up the steps of the back entryway and all through the kitchen. By the time I reached the dining room my vision was completely blacked out. I groped my way toward my bedroom and stumbled around trying to find the bed. I knocked something over and reached up and grabbed what I thought was a vase. But I don't have any vases in my bedroom. I actually said out loud, "I don't know where I am." I was really scared, but I didn't want to yell and wake up the kids because I knew it was scare them. About that time I gripped either the headboard or footboard of my bed and gently laid down. I was hoping the bed would be under me. And it was, thank goodness. As I laid down my vision came back and I felt a little better. But, oh the pain! I called Rick back to tell him what happened and that I was, ultimately, okay.

And now this is where I am.


I love my sitting room, that's for sure, but this isn't really what I had in mind for it. I am now resting and praying that my leg will get all healed up by Friday so that I can enjoy our water park and amusement park day we have planned for Brynne's birthday. The throbbing has stopped, and I can put a little bit of weight on the inside of my foot. But, I am hobbling and limping and in quite a bit of pain and am unable to get in a comfortable position.   **sigh**

And now I am just hoping that I can walk the 5K. Bummer.

Comments

  1. What a bummer! Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the third runner in training that has had a random accident that I know!!! My goodness! Praying for a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a