Skip to main content

Random Five



1. I thought I was all done Christmas shopping. But then when I was looking at the case of the ONLY thing Brynne wants for Christmas (a video game), I noticed that it was an expansion pack and you have the have the original game for it to play it. She has this original game, but it's on the Xbox. And the expansion pack game is only for the computer. So now I have to buy the original game for the computer. Uggghhhh .... they get you coming and going!

2. Eli's birthday party is tomorrow and he wants me to make him an Emmet cake from The Lego Movie. This is what I am planning on doing ...


but with this expression on his face ...


Wish me loads of luck! The first look on Emmet's face might be what my expression is by the time I get done decorating it. I am always so stressed when I decorate my kids' cakes, yet they always insist I do it instead of buying them from somewhere.

3. Every strand of lights on my Christmas tree has burned out except for one. So I am going to buy new lights today. And I have not been able to get my stockings to stay on the mantle this year for some reason. We don't have enough room for stocking holders because our t.v. is on our mantle. Every night I put them up and every morning they are laying on the ground. Gotta get to work on a solution that doesn't involve a hammer and nails.

4. I have been reading the same book for about 3 months now. It is a good book, Roses by Leila Meacham, but reading this time of year is not my priority with homeschooling and working three jobs. I am hoping to finish it by this weekend so I can read a Christmas novel starting next week. I have chosen Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson. I have no idea what it is about or who the author is, but it looked good on the cover so we'll give it a go.

5. There are only 10 hours left in my sister-in-law's Kickstarter campaign to get her new board book off the ground. It is called The Wheels on the Bike and would be a great Christmas gift for the little one in your life. Consider backing her project. You can read all about it HERE.


Comments

  1. Try the 3M command strips with hooks for the stockings. That is what I've been using for 10 years now and it holds our stockings even when they are full without any damage at all to my mantle. Good luck on the cake; I'm sure it will be just what he wants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

CTC Math {Schoolhouse Review}

We found our groove with math this year. I found a curriculum that both of the kids respond well to and seem to enjoy (as much as one can enjoy math). We have spent the whole year learning the ins and outs of multiplication and were just a few lessons away from being ready to move onto the next year-long level on division. And then an opportunity to review the 12 Month Family Plan from  CTC Math became available. To be honest, I wasn't very enthusiastic. I mean, why mess with the methods that have worked so well? When I was chosen to review the product I didn't go into it with the level of enthusiasm that it deserved. We have been using a dvd/workbook curriculum with great success. The 12 Month Family Plan from CTC Math is a web based curriculum. As we have not had a lot of luck with those types of programs, I went into this review with a negative attitude. And then my socks were knocked off by how great it is. In fact it is so great that we are going to continue to ...

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt (Schoolhouse Review)

For the past several weeks we have been reviewing Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament and Ancient Egypt Flashcards  from Veritas Press . As we were entering into our more easy-going summer schedule, and had just concluded a two-year Old Testament Bible course, I was happy to try out this product as it appeared to be something that Eli and Brynne could do together, alone, and would act as a review of the Old Testament presented in a different way. And I was right. Each Veritas Press Self-Paced History program includes 160 lessons teaching about 32 events in history. They are designed for children in grades 2-6, and it is recommended that the student be a minimum of 7 years of age at the time of the first lesson. What We Received We received a full one-year subscription, for one child, to the online Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt program and the accompanying Old Testament and Ancien...