Skip to main content

Tuesday Coffee Chat


Okay, first this ...


Do you know that I set my alarm to get up extra early so that I can have enough time to drink enough coffee before I start my day? I really do that.

Now while I enjoy said coffee, onto today's Tuesday Coffee Chat:

If you could teleport, where would you go?

I have never been here, but right now I can't think of anyplace I would rather be ... A cabin in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.





Doesn't that look like Heaven?

I would love to rent a huge cabin in the mountains and take my whole family for a week of pjs, coffee, hot cocoa, board games, food, hikes, reading, and movie watching.

Maybe someday.


Comments

  1. That does look like heaven!!! I would love to spend just a few days relaxing there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA - I love that Procaffinating!! I need that as a sign in my kitchen.
    And that place looks gorgeous! Peaceful. Restful. I could definitely do something like that. Except, I am going alone and having a whole entire week to just read and write!!
    Definitely heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...