We were completely prepared: had our day planned, our schedule set, our copies made, our videos and books lined up.
But, with taking First Day photos, and having introductions to new materials, we got a little behind. We ended on time, though, so all was good.
All-in-all it was a successful first day. Some highlights from our short first week:
- Dawson worked steady all day and didn't complain or attempt to delay even once!
- He wrote a beautiful poem about America.
- Brynne LOVED her MEP math curriculum. We ended the day with it and it was certainly a highlight.
- Getting back to Co-op activities was so exciting! Choir and Zumbatonic were fun!
- Everybody got started reading this week.
- Teaching Textbooks Algebra I arrived and has been installed and is ready for Monday.
|Working hard on IEW.|
|Brought in the old desk from our photo shoot. It's just the right height for Handwriting Without Tears.|
|MEP during nap time.|
|Is that the teacher kissing the principal??|
|Zumbatonic time! Even the moms had some fun!|
Even though it was just a two-day week, we all felt what Eli's shirt expressed ...
Make sure you come back for my first Study America Saturday post (If you have an American History lesson you did this week, write a separate post and link up with me!) and a Science Sunday post this weekend!
In the meantime, go see some other wrap-ups at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.