Skip to main content

First Day ~ May


Our First Day of May was busy! It was a beautiful day, right before another set of storms and cold weather coming in, so we crammed in some schoolwork in the morning and headed out for an afternoon of much-needed grocery shopping and errands. I'm joining Nicole at Journey to Josie in her First Day linky. It's fun. You should do it.

Watching Feisty and Derrick, our resident squirrels, playing in the trees.

Easing into the day. (One of these days we might move that playhouse out of the sitting room.)

Treat time!

Schoolwork before a day of errands.

A grocery list and clipped coupons.

Graduation announcements.

Aldi had bread on sale for 25 cents per loaf! These went into the freezer.

A new softball helmet. Ready for the first game next week!

These boxes are usually filled with goodies for the kids.

But not this time! My new Sanctuary denim shorts arrived! Think anyone will notice if I wear these every day this summer?

Chickweed and olive oil. The first step to our Chickweed Salve! (Herb Fairies is fun!)

Posters given to Eli by one of Dawson's friends.

Banana mini-muffins for our Wednesday night potluck.

Yes I know her helmet isn't on correctly. I fixed it right after the photo.

Walking to church and taking advantage of a beautiful day (before yucky weather comes back!)
Hanging out with Dawson before bed. (That poster on the wall looks raunchy from this angle. It's just Katy Perry.)



Comments

  1. Love that ou can walk to church! We had nice weather here but it's chilly again today. Booooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shorts! I say go for it, no one will notice! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. course some say Katy Perry is raunchy, I like her though she isn't afraid to say what she feels and be who she is!!! :)

    dusting to 6 inches of snow here expected by this time tomorrow I'm voting for dusting so we will probably get the 6 inches. Oh well tomorrows high is 42 it will melt.

    This payday I went to Sams and the grocery. We are stocked up and over flowing. I just wish Sams had whole wheat flour since that is all we use for homemade breads, muffins and pizza crust. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great May Day! I love that Dawson doesn't mind his siblings hanging out! What a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy day. Stay warm!

    PS ... I LOVE 6pm.com! It's one of the few place that include Hawaii in "free shipping". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfectly lovely day! It must be nice to be walking distance from church. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...