Skip to main content

Random 5



1. We finished up our school work for the 2014/2015 school year yesterday and went on a field trip today. We are officially on break for the month of May! Yay!!!

2. Tomorrow is the day ... Rick, Brynne and I are all running in our first 5K. Kyndal and Eli are walking/running in the 1 mile fun run. I am ready and so excited to cross that finish line!!

3. Yesterday Dawson officially enrolled for college. He will be attending a nearby community college taking 12 credit hours his first semester: Pre-Algebra, Comp I, Comp II, and U.S. History before 1887. The stress of the reality of college, working, etc. next year (aka being an adult) hit him harder than he thought it would. I know he'll be fine once he gets into his routine. Until then he's got the summer to enjoy.

4. Kyndal and Collin are getting married this month!! Their legal wedding is in 21 days and their official wedding is in 25 days. In the blink of an eye we will be hearing them say "I do" on the beach in Cozumel. We are so excited!

5. Last weekend I bought Eli and Brynne both new bikes at a garage sale for $10 each. They were so flipped-out excited about these new bikes and have ridden them every single day since then. I love that a couple of less-than-shiny bikes purchased at a garage sale can make my kids so happy. I am blessed that they do not have a sense of entitlement.

Bonus Random:

6. Softball is now in full swing and Brynne has her first game on Monday. Life is so stinking busy for us right now! But it is so, so good!

Comments

  1. Whoop! Another year down, huh? We've still go some weeks to go, but we're doing the "minimum" (ie Language Arts and Math). Outside is calling us after a long winter! Congrats to Dawson on his first classes! And for Kyndal - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we were at the same 5K Jam thought it was great to get the gold - even if he was the only one in his age group. Under 30 minutes was better than what I could have done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

CTC Math {Schoolhouse Review}

We found our groove with math this year. I found a curriculum that both of the kids respond well to and seem to enjoy (as much as one can enjoy math). We have spent the whole year learning the ins and outs of multiplication and were just a few lessons away from being ready to move onto the next year-long level on division. And then an opportunity to review the 12 Month Family Plan from  CTC Math became available. To be honest, I wasn't very enthusiastic. I mean, why mess with the methods that have worked so well? When I was chosen to review the product I didn't go into it with the level of enthusiasm that it deserved. We have been using a dvd/workbook curriculum with great success. The 12 Month Family Plan from CTC Math is a web based curriculum. As we have not had a lot of luck with those types of programs, I went into this review with a negative attitude. And then my socks were knocked off by how great it is. In fact it is so great that we are going to continue to ...

Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt (Schoolhouse Review)

For the past several weeks we have been reviewing Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament and Ancient Egypt Flashcards  from Veritas Press . As we were entering into our more easy-going summer schedule, and had just concluded a two-year Old Testament Bible course, I was happy to try out this product as it appeared to be something that Eli and Brynne could do together, alone, and would act as a review of the Old Testament presented in a different way. And I was right. Each Veritas Press Self-Paced History program includes 160 lessons teaching about 32 events in history. They are designed for children in grades 2-6, and it is recommended that the student be a minimum of 7 years of age at the time of the first lesson. What We Received We received a full one-year subscription, for one child, to the online Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt program and the accompanying Old Testament and Ancien...

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.