Friday, May 1, 2015
1. We finished up our school work for the 2014/2015 school year yesterday and went on a field trip today. We are officially on break for the month of May! Yay!!!
2. Tomorrow is the day ... Rick, Brynne and I are all running in our first 5K. Kyndal and Eli are walking/running in the 1 mile fun run. I am ready and so excited to cross that finish line!!
3. Yesterday Dawson officially enrolled for college. He will be attending a nearby community college taking 12 credit hours his first semester: Pre-Algebra, Comp I, Comp II, and U.S. History before 1887. The stress of the reality of college, working, etc. next year (aka being an adult) hit him harder than he thought it would. I know he'll be fine once he gets into his routine. Until then he's got the summer to enjoy.
4. Kyndal and Collin are getting married this month!! Their legal wedding is in 21 days and their official wedding is in 25 days. In the blink of an eye we will be hearing them say "I do" on the beach in Cozumel. We are so excited!
5. Last weekend I bought Eli and Brynne both new bikes at a garage sale for $10 each. They were so flipped-out excited about these new bikes and have ridden them every single day since then. I love that a couple of less-than-shiny bikes purchased at a garage sale can make my kids so happy. I am blessed that they do not have a sense of entitlement.
6. Softball is now in full swing and Brynne has her first game on Monday. Life is so stinking busy for us right now! But it is so, so good!