Skip to main content

First Day ~ September

Early start to my day!

Much-needed.

Arriving at the hospital for an early morning ultrasound.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

We have LOTS of waiting to do!

Breakfast ... finally!

A little Stampy Longhead Youtube video first thing in the morning.

This girl had to come to Nana's early, and she is ready to go home for a nap!

A delivery!

Mornin'! It's time for school!

And the cabinet is open and waiting.

So much more independence this year ... love it!

Took a lunch ride over to my mom's.

Love these Tuesdays with my mom, aunt, and daughter.

Back home for more school. The Chronicles of Narnia.

Oh, and some laundry. Always laundry.

Another new thing for us ... reading a play ... The Miracle Worker

Speaking of new, I started a new workout class at the high school
on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.

And speaking of new, again.

A sports practice. That's nothing new.

A little Pokemon battle before bed.

Me and the boy opted for a snuggle.

And then I went to bed! Early! Bedtime tea and lavender oil in the diffuser.

Changed out my nightly banana for some thinly sliced
peaches and raspberries I had in the freezer.

Comments

  1. Fabulous news on the new baby! Prayers for a smooth pregnancy. :-) I have just caught up on the past month of your posts! Love hearing how the new way of eating is going! I do more of the "Clean Eating" diet (I hate to call it a diet since it's really a lifestyle) It probably has a few more carbs. I'm not familiar with the Ketogenic diet. Now you have me curious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...