Skip to main content

Simple Woman's Daybook




For today ... Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Outside my window ... it is a beautiful fall morning, cool and crisp with sunshine sparkling on the dew on the leaves.

I am thinking ... that this is going to be an inside pj day all day. We have been going, going, going. Eli was sick for a few days, still coughing his head off, and I am not feeling good today. Tomorrow is our super busy day of the week, I mean ridiculously, super busy. And I just need a day of quiet. I'm not even going to get out and exercise today.

I am thankful ... for the freedoms of homeschooling.

I am wearing ... green Missouri "Home" t-shirt and striped Victoria Secret pj bottoms.

I am creating ... piles of things to take on our trip to Florida.

I am going ... back to bed for a while. I will finish this Daybook later. (And I did. I got up at 7:30 a.m., went back to bed at 7:45 and slept until 10:00. And I still feel cruddy.)

I am wondering ... how much we are actually going to get accomplished today.

I am reading ... All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.

I am hoping ... to catch up on some new fall t.v. tonight.

I am learning ... to listen to my body when it is weary.

In my garden ... we are getting ready to dig up my sweet potatoes. I have peeked and there appear to be some big ones!! Hope they taste yummy!

In my kitchen ... are ingredients for chicken and dumplings that we are having for dinner tonight.

In the homeschool room ... we finished the first book in the Narnia series. Brynne says she wishes she knew all of what we have read before she watched "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". It makes it all make so much more sense.

A favorite quote for today ... 



A peek into one of my days ... A day at the Kansas City Zoo's "Run for the Orangutans".



One of my favorite things ...



From the board room ... I'm making my dad his favorite cake for his birthday on Friday with the help of The Pioneer Woman.



Post Script ... When Our Time is Not our Own by Quill and Camera


Comments

  1. Pioneer Woman's recipes are amazing!! Is that your daughter expecting?! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...