Skip to main content

Random 5



1. I am not on Facebook. The only time I really know anything that is going on there is if one of the kids shows me something. A big reason I am not on there is because of the stupidity of grown adults. Sometimes it truly astonishes me. The thing I am most amused by is when an individual posts some hurtful post directed at someone else (sometimes even their own family member), accusing that person of being something. But when you read it, it exactly describes the person posting it. Hilarious! There are some mean, unhappy people in the world ... and it's always somebody else's fault. Pull up your panties and be responsible for your own actions, people!

2. I have successfully been on my Keto diet and GRAIN FREE for two weeks now. I am continually learning all about this way of life and feeling great! The most welcome benefit is how well I am sleeping at night and the high level of energy I have all day.

3. I am so ready for fall weather! I have some cute fall clothes and new boots that I want to wear!!

4. Have you heard that Dr. Ben Carson has been rising in the polls and in some (even Iowa!!) he is tied with Donald Trump? That is very exciting news for our country. Let God and common sense prevail!

5. What are you doing this Labor Day weekend? We have NO PLANS! I'm going to lounge around, get caught up on some Keto cooking, do my lesson plans for next week, and hopefully watch some movies, read, and take some naps. Sounds good to me!!! Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Can I admit I've looked for you on f/b? ha ha...
    You are smart not to hassle with it... admittedly. =)
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...