Skip to main content

Homeschooling Eve

School starts tomorrow.

Three of my four children will be venturing back to public school. Kyndal will be a sophomore. She is very excited to get back to school, mostly so she can see her friends on a regular basis. But, she's ready! She's even read most of her first book. Eli and Brynne will be in the first grade and kindergarten, right across the hall from each other. We went today and met their teachers. They weren't wanting to start school until they stepped into it and felt the excitement. Now they can't wait! It's so exciting!

But just as exciting is the first day of school here at home. Dawson and I will be breaking in our new school room and curriculum. I've planned for the first two weeks only, to see how our timing will work out.

He seems to be very at ease today. In years past he has always been so keyed up about the first day of school. He hasn't said it, but I think he is relieved he isn't going to the public school tomorrow. I know I am relieved.

I am excited about tomorrow ... and scared. But, I'm mostly excited!

I've got everything ready for us.

Comments

  1. Enjoy the journey, I homeschooled my oldest daughter for primary school and it made such a difference in both our lives.
    I admit I spent more than my fair share of time doing midnight google searches- who ever knew there was such a thing as a "personal possessive pronoun"- nope not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing how these next two weeks go. :) I know you two will do just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Even if Dawson doesn't say it yet, you have shown him you will do what it takes to help him and how much you care. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...