Skip to main content

First Day ~ May


Our First Day of May was busy! It was a beautiful day, right before another set of storms and cold weather coming in, so we crammed in some schoolwork in the morning and headed out for an afternoon of much-needed grocery shopping and errands. I'm joining Nicole at Journey to Josie in her First Day linky. It's fun. You should do it.

Watching Feisty and Derrick, our resident squirrels, playing in the trees.

Easing into the day. (One of these days we might move that playhouse out of the sitting room.)

Treat time!

Schoolwork before a day of errands.

A grocery list and clipped coupons.

Graduation announcements.

Aldi had bread on sale for 25 cents per loaf! These went into the freezer.

A new softball helmet. Ready for the first game next week!

These boxes are usually filled with goodies for the kids.

But not this time! My new Sanctuary denim shorts arrived! Think anyone will notice if I wear these every day this summer?

Chickweed and olive oil. The first step to our Chickweed Salve! (Herb Fairies is fun!)

Posters given to Eli by one of Dawson's friends.

Banana mini-muffins for our Wednesday night potluck.

Yes I know her helmet isn't on correctly. I fixed it right after the photo.

Walking to church and taking advantage of a beautiful day (before yucky weather comes back!)
Hanging out with Dawson before bed. (That poster on the wall looks raunchy from this angle. It's just Katy Perry.)



Comments

  1. Love that ou can walk to church! We had nice weather here but it's chilly again today. Booooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shorts! I say go for it, no one will notice! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. course some say Katy Perry is raunchy, I like her though she isn't afraid to say what she feels and be who she is!!! :)

    dusting to 6 inches of snow here expected by this time tomorrow I'm voting for dusting so we will probably get the 6 inches. Oh well tomorrows high is 42 it will melt.

    This payday I went to Sams and the grocery. We are stocked up and over flowing. I just wish Sams had whole wheat flour since that is all we use for homemade breads, muffins and pizza crust. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great May Day! I love that Dawson doesn't mind his siblings hanging out! What a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy day. Stay warm!

    PS ... I LOVE 6pm.com! It's one of the few place that include Hawaii in "free shipping". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfectly lovely day! It must be nice to be walking distance from church. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

CTC Math {Schoolhouse Review}

We found our groove with math this year. I found a curriculum that both of the kids respond well to and seem to enjoy (as much as one can enjoy math). We have spent the whole year learning the ins and outs of multiplication and were just a few lessons away from being ready to move onto the next year-long level on division. And then an opportunity to review the 12 Month Family Plan from  CTC Math became available. To be honest, I wasn't very enthusiastic. I mean, why mess with the methods that have worked so well? When I was chosen to review the product I didn't go into it with the level of enthusiasm that it deserved. We have been using a dvd/workbook curriculum with great success. The 12 Month Family Plan from CTC Math is a web based curriculum. As we have not had a lot of luck with those types of programs, I went into this review with a negative attitude. And then my socks were knocked off by how great it is. In fact it is so great that we are going to continue to ...

Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt (Schoolhouse Review)

For the past several weeks we have been reviewing Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament and Ancient Egypt Flashcards  from Veritas Press . As we were entering into our more easy-going summer schedule, and had just concluded a two-year Old Testament Bible course, I was happy to try out this product as it appeared to be something that Eli and Brynne could do together, alone, and would act as a review of the Old Testament presented in a different way. And I was right. Each Veritas Press Self-Paced History program includes 160 lessons teaching about 32 events in history. They are designed for children in grades 2-6, and it is recommended that the student be a minimum of 7 years of age at the time of the first lesson. What We Received We received a full one-year subscription, for one child, to the online Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt program and the accompanying Old Testament and Ancien...

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.