Skip to main content

Wednesday Hodgepodge




ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?

'As Sweet as Pie'. Look at this sweet baby. He is definitely a highlight to every day, seeing him grow and learn and smile that precious smile! Being his Nana is the absolute best!


Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?

I am a speaker upper, definitely. Even if I tell myself that I am going to be quiet, I don't. I have no idea why. Although I am an introvert, I am not shy. I do so much thinking and have so many ideas swirling around in my head that they just come spewing out when I'm in a group. I am overly opinionated, and I guess I just think I know something about everything. That's really annoying to people, I bet. I just can't be quiet!

What do you remember best about being 12?

Well, that would have been my 7th grade year. I probably remember the least about that year than any other. I would have gone to Junior High that year so I would have really been in a transition year. That was before boys became very important, so I probably spent a lot of time with my friend, Becky. Before we got to high school she and I spent a lot of time together, hanging out cooking and watching old movies. It was a good, simple time before things got complicated as a teenager.

January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why?

Well, the quiz I took HERE says I am Rabbit, and I have to say it is pretty accurate! Might explain question Number 2 up there.


What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?

I am not a big app user. I am a pen and paper kind of gal. I just have the basic apps, mostly for social media and tools for working out. But I do have an app for my bank where I can easily do all my banking.

San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR), San Antonio (TX), Sanibel (FL) ... you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?

I have been to all of these except Sanibel. I would love to go there to get a different taste of Florida than what we get when we go to my parents' house in Pensacola.

Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?

The other night I was at a Junior High basketball game at my alma mater. The team was warming up to a cd that, I swear, they pulled out of the 1980's drawer in the locker room (except it would have been a cassette tape). It took me back .... way back! "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard was one of them. Oh, yeah. Feel the vibes.

Insert your own random thought here.

I am so excited to be going to Hawaii in five days to visit my blogging friend, Cheryl. We have never met in person, but have corresponded for several years. We often do Bible studies together and e-mail each other for accountability and encouragement and prayer. I know that there are several of you who have made In Real Life friends with those you have met in this blogging world. I have, too. So you know the power of these relationships. I cannot wait to hug my dear friend around her neck (and sit on the beach drinking fruity beverages).

Comments

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a