Friday, July 5, 2013

52 Weeks Savings Plan Update


Did you join up to participate in the 52 Weeks Savings Plan this year? I decided to do it because we do not have Christmas money budgeted and I wanted to make sure we had cash for Christmas. The idea was to put in $1 the first week of the year, $2 the second week, $3 the third week, all the way up to $52 the final week of the year. With that plan, you could have $1378 saved by the end of the year.

I was very diligent in saving the money for several months. Then we started to "dip into it". It dwindled down and down and down. But, I have managed to get it replenished and caught back up. I now have $405 in my savings jar! We will NOT be touching this money, for any reason, for the rest of the year and I will make sure I put my weekly savings in each week.

It takes dedication to stuff that cash into the jar every two weeks. But, when Christmas rolls around I know I am going to be so glad I did!

It's not too late to get started! You might not end up with $1378, but you could have just under $1000! Here's the plan ...


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information. Savings Plan and so on.

    ReplyDelete

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!