The noisiness of life ... irritations, unfairness, evil, annoyances, spite, hatefulness, greed ... it's all there trying to drown out everything else.
And then there is a wash of Quiet ...
- When you look out into the pool and see your baby girl do a real dive for the first time.
- When you sit and watch a struggling little chick trying to survive it's hatch and have it look you right in the eyes.
- When you ride your bike and feel the cool morning breeze and the good ache of your muscles.
- When your child looks at you and says, "You are the best mom!" for no reason at all.
- When your children peacefully and ungrudgingly sit and read, absorbed in the story.
- When you watch your doggies nap without a care in the world.
- When you feel the peace in your heart that only God can give.
It doesn't matter how noisy it gets ... those Quiet moments are there, as well. Relish in them. Enjoy them. Notice them.