Since it is virtually impossible to come up with an "X" word, unless I want to tell you that I play the Xylophone (which I don't) or that I am having an X-ray (which I'm not, but probably should have with my recent leg injury), I decided to share with you XLII (aka 42) random things about me. That number may or may not be my current age.
1. I think of drinking coffee as an "experience".
2. I used to be an attorney and will never go back to practicing law.
3. I wish I had chickens.
4. I want to learn to sew.
5. I wish I took better pictures of food.
6. I love going on vacation with my husband.
7. I am a morning person, although I don't really want to get up early.
8. I like to be in my pjs, robe and slippers by about 6:00 at night. (if not earlier)
9. At 8:30 p.m. I. AM. DONE. BEING. A. MOM.
10. I love to read, but don't make enough time for it.
11. I love homeschooling. I mean love, love, love. See No. 24 as to why.
12. For someone who really likes to stay home and not do much, I always overcommit myself.
13. If I didn't force myself to, I would never leave my house.
14. I love Mondays.
15. I don't care for Saturdays.
16. My dream vacation is a Mediterranean cruise.
17. I wish I could live winters in Florida and summers in Colorado.
18. I am scared that in Heaven there will be no naps.
19. When my life story is made into a movie I want Diane Lane to play me and Vin Diesel to play Rick.
20. If someone wanted to spend a ridiculous amount of money on me, I would like to spend a full day in New York with Tim Gunn.
21. I have a thing for bald men.
22. Green is my signature color.
23. My house has been tp'd by Garth Brooks' daughter.
24. I wanted to be a teacher when I was a little girl.
25. I have a mini-obsession with birds.
26. I am orderly but not organized, there is a difference.
27. I am lazy by nature and have to fight it every day.
28. I am a procrastinator.
29. I am a habitual nail biter and always have been.
30. I like every single kind of food except for polish sausage, sauerkraut and cantelope.
31. I have an extreme fear of snakes ... and sharks.
32. I hate being shot at with a rubberband or popped with a towel.
33. I hate to have my belly button touched.
34. Drinking green tea is my favorite way to relax at the end of the day.
35. My dream is to have a vintage hobby farm with a few animals and a beautiful garden.
36. Someday I want to have a teacup piggie for a pet.
37. My favorite movie is "Indian Summer".
38. My favorite songs are "Call it Love" by Poco and "Soul Survivor" by Michael Bolton.
39. I moved out on my own, in an apartment by myself, in a town 30 miles away, the day after I graduated from high school. I was 17.
40. I hated history when I was a kid but am obsessed with it as an adult.
41. My favorite genre of book is historical fiction.
42. I used to live across the street from Brad Pitt's childhood home.
And there you have 42 things about me that you probably could care less to know. But, really, I just needed an X word for Blogging Through the Alphabet. So there you have it!
See if anyone else got more creative than me with their "X" word at Ben and Me.