Skip to main content

E is for "Easter" Resources


Easter is in just a few short days. I always like to incorporate some Easter studies into our lessons, as I'm sure many of us do. So this week at Blogging Through the Alphabet, E is for "Easter" Resources.

Photo credit

I have come across some great resources this year that I wanted to pass along. I don't know if we will do everything, but you might see something you like.

A free Celebrate Easter Lapbook from Scripture Adventures.



A free Easter H-O-P-E printable from Amanda Bennett.


A free Amanda Bennett Easter Lapbook.


A Resurrection Plant. You just water the "dead" plant before you go to bed on the night before Easter and in the morning "It's Alive!"


Every year we hunt and find Resurrection Eggs. I made my own one year, using this resource.


My kids also love to do Resurrection Cookies and we will do them this year as well.


Last year we made this Hill of Calvary. We loved it!


Jesus is our main focus this Easter season. But, we do also "do" the Easter Bunny fun, too. So, we will be reading any book we can get our hands on.

And we will be making a Live Easter Basket on our field trip to a green nursery today.


Have a wonderful and happy Easter with your children!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...