Skip to main content

The Phil Robertson vs. A&E Debate



I just thought I would put in my two cents on this issue. Here is what I think is sad. The issue is not about whether or not Phil Robertson believes homosexuality is a sin or whether or not he proclaimed it for the world to hear. We should be worrying about what God thinks about it.

Isn't it just like satan to take a God-fearing man like Phil Robertson and use him for his glory? I wonder if the Robertsons have even taken the time to consider that.

I love how people, some of whom I know personally who are eons away from declaring God's power in their life or that Jesus is their Lord and Savior, have taken on the platform of proclaiming Phil Robertson as some sort of hero. He is being idolized, which is exactly what satan set out to do.

Gazillions of people are backing Phil Robertson. I wonder how many of them are God-fearing Christians who back what God, Himself, says?

We do not watch Duck Dynasty. And this is just another example of why we won't.

I think it's great that the Robertson family wants to use their show to proclaim their faith. But they are human. They will fail. They will make mistakes, just like all of us. We cannot put our belief in what they do or do not say.

Come on, people, do not be deceived into believing that you are going to learn God's Truths on reality television.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...