Skip to main content

No Foolin' Here ... We are Having a Grandson!


Last night was such a special night for us!


On Tuesday Kyndal had a gender ultrasound, but didn't peek at the results. The tech put them in a sealed envelope that Kyndal delivered to her friend Cassidy. And Cassidy took care of the rest.


The theme for the reveal party was "Bows or Arrows".


We held the party at our city park. We somehow dodged a rain storm and the wind died down just in time for the party to start. That was a blessing.






Family and close friends gathered to watch Collin shoot his bow and arrow into a paint-filled balloon mounted on a painted canvas.


Although we would have been thrilled with either a boy or a girl, I think my expression reflects how I really felt about the baby being a boy. I really, really wanted a grandson!


Collin hit the target on the first shot.


This photo shows how he and Kyndal felt about it. I love his little fist pump. He wanted a boy so bad, and we are all so happy for him (and her).


The little guy is due in September and we cannot wait to meet him!!


Comments

  1. what a fun time. congrats on your upcoming grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever indeed! Congratulations to all of you! Boys are super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cried reading this. It was your expression that did it! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW EXCITING!! Love your expression so much!! Such an adorable way to reveal to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this! Congratulations! They are such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...