1. Actually learning about being an introvert is freeing me from so much. Check back next week when I post about how an introvert likes to go on vacation. This trip to New Orleans opened up my eyes to so much in light of my new understandings.
2. I am reading the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed (excellent, by the way). I loved this part from the book ... (Cheryl had just been charged by a bull on the Pacific Crest Trail) "I considered my options. There were only two and they were essentially the same. I could go back in the direction I had come from, or I could go forward in the direction I intended to go. The bull, I acknowledged grimly, could be in either direction, since I hadn't seen where he'd run once I closed my eyes. I could only choose between the bull that would take me back and the bull that would take me forward. And I walked on."
3. New Orleans confirmed that I could eat fish and beans every day of my life.
4. The members of my family are addicted to crack .... Trivia Crack that is. Do you have this app? Even the little kids have it on their devices and there are constantly two or three games going on between our family members at all times. I should count it as school hours. They are learning so much!
5. The end to our glorious Christmas break is on Monday. I'm not going to lie ... I really want one more week of nothing to do and nowhere to go. But, we must get back at it. We are going to buckle down for the next 11-12 weeks straight and then I am certain we are going to have to make a week-long trip to Florida.