1. We have been on Christmas break since December 19th, and it has been glorious! We were planning to start back to school this next Monday, but I am going to go on a trip with Rick to New Orleans next week. So, we'll start back on the 19th.
2. Speaking of New Orleans, I am super excited to get away with Rick alone for a few days. These trips are the best of both worlds for me. I get some recharging and pampered time alone in a hotel room while Rick is at his class, but he and I get to dress up a tad to go out to eat and explore. It is always so enjoyable to go on these trips and I can't wait!!
3. I started back to my healthy living routine this week. I am up extra early in the morning to do some exercise then spending some dedicated time with God doing some study and scripture memorization. I have eaten healthy all week using the philosophies of Trim Healthy Mama and entering all of my foods, drinks, and exercises on My Fitness Pal. This week I lost 1.8 pounds. It is a solid start toward the 11 pounds I would like to lose and the healthier and more toned body I want to have.
4. I spent a bunch of time yesterday and today getting a little organized on some of the little detailed items that need to be purchased for Kyndal's wedding and reception. These are all of the "little" things that I can buy when I have $20 here or $30 there that I can spend. Having a BUDGET is so important to me this year, as I have posted about previously. My budget is off to a good start and this week I was able to buy ahead some gifts for the upcoming year because of post-Christmas sales (even some Christmas gifts for next year!). It even got me thinking about how I can possibly save a little money each month for Christmas gifts this next year.
5. This weekend HBO and Showtime are free. I am going to DVR some movies for us to watch later. We still have a long winter ahead and it is nice to have some movies stored away for those cold weekends.