1. Well, darn, the flu has hit us. Brynne wasn't feeling good last night and woke up with fever, congestion, cough, tummy ache, and the "flu eyes" this morning. She is now in my bed sleeping with one of the pups and a vaporizer full of eucalyptus nearby. Hoping the rest of us don't get it!
2. Her only question was, "Do I not get to go to basketball practice tonight?" I said, "Oh no, honey. You're not going anywhere for a few days." She started crying. She has a game tomorrow that she is going to have to miss. That girl loves her sports.
3. Looks like this is going to be a movie weekend for us, snuggled up in the living room trying to get/stay healthy. That actually doesn't sound too bad to me, as long as we aren't feeling miserable. Our weekends are usually pretty packed, so an excuse to stay home and rest suits me fine.
4. I am going to the Amish store today to stock up on more essential oils. I am going to make my own OnGuard or Thieves with clove, orange, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary. Hopefully rubbing that on Brynne's feet will offer her some relief. Worth a try, huh?
5. On a brighter note, Kyndal has started her own salon. The environment at her other salon was not a healthy one and she decided to make long-term plans. She has opened a salon in the town where Collin and her will end up once they have children who are school-aged, the town where Collin grew up and where Kyndal graduated from high school when living with her dad. It is risky for her starting out on her own, but she has a lot of talent and confidence so I know she will be fine. Her salon is called tHAIRapy by Kyndal ... isn't that cute? I am very proud of her for taking this head on.