Friday, April 10, 2015
1. Today Kyndal and I will complete/completed (depending on when you read this) the 21 Day Fix! During these past three weeks we have been working out to the 21 Day Fix videos 6 days a week and tracking our calories and nutritional values on MyFitnessPal, staying under our calorie goals almost every single day (with the exception of one cheat day for each of us and Easter). The difference between our abilities on Day 1 and Day 21 is amazing! We are both in so much better shape now and are so much stronger! We each lost a little bit of weight and definitely toned up our mid-sections and legs. But we aren't stopping here! On Monday we are going to start a second round of the routines. We love them that much!
2. I will not be jumping on the Joanna Gaines and Fixer Upper bandwagon. Gads! I know! Why, you might wonder? Well, this is one of those times where my nonconformist attitude sees an extreme fad that makes me turn the other way. I only watched a couple of episodes of the show and, although they were entertaining enough, I just didn't get all the hype. But apparently the rest of the world gets it because people are going cray cray for the Gaines family, their show, and their products. I am sad that their marriage and children and picture perfect farm have been put so high on a pedestal that may only lead to a hard fall to the ground. We have seen it happen time and time again. At some point the world will turn on them. I actually wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Although I am sure they are lovely, genuine people with quite a talent for fixing up old homes, I feel a quickening in my spirit to not follow along. I don't judge you if you do; I just won't be joining you.
3. I have had two unrelated specialist appointments in two days, one yesterday and one this afternoon. The first one may require a minor surgery in the next few months, and I am hoping that the other shows nothing of concern. I would appreciate your prayers today as I have a suspect area on my nose examined.
4. Today I am mailing graduation announcements for Dawson and wedding invites for Kyndal. The two events will be happening within 6 days of each other.
5. Our town's iconic (circa 1950's) Dairy Queen reopened a few weeks ago. But since Kyndal and I have been in the middle of the 21 Day Fix, we have not yet gone. We gets lots of burgers, foot longs, and ice creams throughout the summer. My reward for completing the Fix was a double cheeseburger with everything. That reward will happen today. Squeallllll!!!!!! (The ironic part is that I will probably feel really gross after I eat it because I have eaten so healthy the last three weeks and my body is not used to the grease and unhealthy fats. But I'm willing to give it a shot.)